Tuesday 16 August 2011

One Born Every Minute

I often joke with a friend of mine that I frequently end up having roles or jobs that are never advertised in the local paper or recruitment office's, I never remember applying for them and they all come with no salary.

I speak with lots of women of my age that are now caring for elderly infirm parents, they help out with grandchildren, they work, have partners and run the household, they also have friends that are important and friendship like any good relationship needs to be nurtured and time invested into it. My dining room table is as my friends say "A place where they can take there head off" we discuss, well, life, love and laundry, we cry and we laugh......a lot.

When I was little I always wanted to see a baby being born, I'm not saying I wanted to be a mid-wife as a job, it was just something I wanted to see. Years ago only the father could be present at births so this was something that would never happen, other than being present at the birth of my owns kids, obviously.

Times change and I have been honoured to be a birthing partner 4 times. I was there when both my grand-daughters entered this world, my cousins daughter and my nephew. To be asked to be part of such a special momentous event is an amazing experience and as I said a great honour. I would do it again in a heartbeat. My wish had been granted not once but four times.

We all lead very busy lives and juggle lots of balls, I'm not always as successful at the juggling as I would like to be and sometimes I drop them, but I have discovered putting ourselves up for certain roles and positions, nurturing  and caring comes with great rewards.

Sha X


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to enjoy reading your blogs :) I have also been a birthing partner 4 times. Three grand kids and one of the foster children. Such a special time, it's wonderful. Hope you are all well. Love, Casey Watson. xxx

Sha said...

I hope you do enjoy it Casey I am enjoying writing it.
It is special and I am so glad I got to do it.
Sha x

Contact Me